My latest Sherlock Holmes short story Miss Violet Dixon (deceased)

My latest Sherlock Holmes short story Miss Violet Dixon (deceased)
The front cover created with Gimp with help from Aubrey Watt on You Tube.

Monday 11 February 2013

I published my fifth Sherlock Holmes short story on Sunday! Yippee! This time it is not a 'Who done it", it's more of a 'Get me off the hook!' story. Again it is a story based on real events that happened just before the start of the 20th century.The story is called "Sherlock Holmes and the Rattle-Jacks Affair. Now, whilst it is a catchy title, it doesn't really give you much of a clue about the book! The book cover gives you a clue....Rattle-Jacks are small pieces of waste coke that were sold off cheaply to poor people to heat their homes from a gasworks. I've allowed folk to read 40% of the book free but if you want to know how it ends, you are going to have to spend the massive sum of $1.99 (which is about £1.49 in old money).

Spring seems to be trying to peep around the door here, I have daffodils that are about 8" tall in the lawn and the lawn itself is getting clumpy and needs mowing. It doesn't help when a large black retriever comes along and gives it a bit of extra nitrogen! I now have large green circles in the lawn. We are lucky that the garden slopes and so we have no puddles but I tootled down to the wine cellar last week to find rain water coming in through the ceiling, The wine cellar is located below the patio/terrace and I think there has been so much rain that it just hasn't been able to soak away.

Speaking of wine, I bought a very nice bottle of Chianti last week from Lidl for about €4.50. I haven't been a fan of Chianti, I have to say, since buying a bottle on an Italian train station (you remember the ones, half covered in raffia and used as candle holders in Italian restaurants!) and then falling asleep and being spectacularly ill over a friend in a white shirt! In my defence I was only about 15 at the time and at the time he was sleeping on the railway carriage floor! Apparently he did punch me on the nose for that but I was so hammered I felt nothing! School trips, eh! Teachers have no control! Anyway, after almost a 50 year gap, I tried some more Chianti and it was delicious!

Dick xx


No comments:

Post a Comment