My latest Sherlock Holmes short story Miss Violet Dixon (deceased)

My latest Sherlock Holmes short story Miss Violet Dixon (deceased)
The front cover created with Gimp with help from Aubrey Watt on You Tube.

Friday 15 February 2013

I decided yesterday to have a radical approach to my Sherlock Holmes ebooks. Ah! An Anthology! That must be the way forward! Now, this might not be the brightest idea that I have had financially as each book normally sells for $1.99 and now I'm selling all 5 books for $4.99... Bargain!! Hmmm, we'll see. Click on the book cover and have a look on Smashwords, see what you think.

Making the book cover with a free graphics program called GIMP (which is the poor man's Photoshop) was a challenge and I had to refer to You Tube (again!) for a tutorial for some bits. Making a 'box' for the 'boxed set' (not shown here) was an interesting project and something I might consider again, if I write another five stories ;-)

I have actually started my sixth story, 'The Lymmington case' which is a true detective story rather than the last one where Holmes was trying to get a young girl off the hook. This latest one involves Holmes and Watson taking a break by travelling to Lymmington. Holmes teaches Watson to sail and then illness strikes. However, they are not the only ones to fall ill and the pair become involved in some true detective work. I shall say no more as a) I don't want to spoil the plot and b) I haven't written it yet!

On a completely different tack (notice the nautical reference?) EDF have only 5 more red days to go so I have been relieved of wood carrying duties for our big wood burning grate. I am an artist (at times) and I look at the textures and patterns in things. Some of the split oak logs that we burn are often beautifully figured. A pity to burn them really but needs must. I would much rather carve them than burn them.

Dick xx

No comments:

Post a Comment