My latest Sherlock Holmes short story Miss Violet Dixon (deceased)

My latest Sherlock Holmes short story Miss Violet Dixon (deceased)
The front cover created with Gimp with help from Aubrey Watt on You Tube.

Wednesday 26 December 2012

OK, how is Boxing day going? I'm assuming of course that you live in a country that has Boxing day....a very British tradition. Here in France it is just another working day! Very odd!

Christmas day was quiet, just the two of us and the family via Skype on the iPad. Once again were were blessed with a bright sunny day and we headed for the beach. We met a friend with his Labrador at the beach and had a good run (well, they did!) I toddled along, taking it steady. Then the heavens opened, Alex had made a flask of tea and had warmed some mince pies so we sat and munched whilst the rain shower passed and then the sun came out and off we went on the beach. Still some rough seas, the beach is safe and flat but there was quite a lot of Kelp (the sort of seaweed with a thumb thick stem about 2 feet (60cm) long) with long flat 'leaves' at the end) washed up on the beach. Sometimes in Autumn we get a lot of bladder-rack seaweed washed up and then the locals drive onto the beach with a small trailer and fork a load in and then take it away as dressing (like manure) for their garden plants.

Christmas gifts had already been opened. I had lots of fun things from my wife and a great present from my daughter and her partner. A special artists brush to use with the art programs I have on my iPad. Had a brief go with it and it blends colour beautifully. If you are interested, have a look on Google for Nomadbrushes. Lots of biscuits and other bits and a bottle of scotch from my son and his partner....always very acceptable. I don't usually watch the TV at Christmas but I always enjoy the Top Gear specials so that sorted me out for evening viewing.

Still on a techy note, I have installed a new browser on my iPad as I wasn't happy with the Atomic browser and changed to Mercury. This has the great feature of being able to synch. with Firefox (on my Mac) so that all my log-ins, bookmarks etc. can be sent to my iPad. Really useful.

Have a good Boxing day, more mince pies and a slice of Christmas cake on offer at coffee / tea breaks throughout the day.

Dick xx

No comments:

Post a Comment