My latest Sherlock Holmes short story Miss Violet Dixon (deceased)

My latest Sherlock Holmes short story Miss Violet Dixon (deceased)
The front cover created with Gimp with help from Aubrey Watt on You Tube.

Sunday 2 June 2013

Another sunny day and  I'm alive....a good enough reason to open a bottle of Champagne! Well, that's my excuse. With a pint of beer pushing £4 in the UK, I feel fully justified in opening a superb bottle of Comte de Senneval Premium Brut Champagne bought from our local Lidl for €12.99. I've even put a stopper in it and put it back in the fridge after only 2 glasses!

Summer seems to have finally appeared here in Brittany, the seasons here start much earlier than the UK but Summer seems to have been taking its time. We put the ride-on mower onto it's trailer and went to our holiday home in central Brittany on Friday. The grass was over knee high on the lawns so I had to set the mower on high and do half a cut at a time and leave the grass box off. Our black lab was unfortunately standing near the cottage as I went passed and looked like a dog in cammo as she got covered by the grass shooting from the rear of the mower as I sped past.

Looked a lot better after I had done it and our next trip will be to bring the big petrol strimmer so that I can do the edges. I always pay for it for a couple of days after either mowing or strimming. The movement in my shoulders aggravates my arthritis and I am in great pain for at least 2 days. As I am only on Paracetamol, I get little relief. Alex assures me that this time of the year is peak grass growing season but I am not convinced, the growing season seems to start in February and goes through to November!!

I have treated myself to an Android TV stick. This is basically a tiny box, the size of half a cigarette packet which contains a computer running the Android operating system. In my case, Jelly Bean, 4.2.2. It's brill, I can access the Internet on my TV, stream movies from my computer or directly off the net, use Skype, run any Android app from the Google Play Store, display my photos, watch live UK TV...loads of things. I can sit back on the sofa with my legs up and send emails and surf to my hearts content. Brilliant. Just have to wait for my wireless keyboard to arrive as it's slow using a wireless mouse and the onscreen keyboard. If you are interested, have a search on Google or an MK808B. The 'B' suffix indicates that it has Bluetooth capability which is good for wireless keyboards and any other Bluetooth devices like gaming headsets etc.

Enjoy!

Dick xx

No comments:

Post a Comment